“I try to photograph each individual with the heart of a French Humanist Photographer and the precision of a Swiss watch.”
Hadrien JeanRichard is a freelance Reportage-, Documentary- and Portrait Photographer based in Zurich, Switzerland.
After graduating with a Bachelor in Business Administration and Communications in Switzerland, Hadrien had a career in investement banking. He eventually left the industry to follow his heart towards photography and visual storytelling. Today Hadrien works as a Communications Manager, Photographer and Higher Education Lecturer.
In 2016, very early in his photographic career, Hadrien met renowned documentary photographer Peter Turnley. Peter became a close friend, mentor and has had a major influence on Hadrien‘s photographic style and approach to this day: close, personal, respectful, and always with a sense of story and composition in mind, and beyond all else, a passion for the human condition.
- 3rd Place: International Photography Awards 2021, Category Event – Social Causes
- Shortlisted: Bartur / Leica Fotografie International Award 2021, Category Photojournalist of the Year
- 4 Honorable Mentions: International Photography Awards 2021, various categories
Hadrien’s photographs have been published by the following selected brands, institutions and news medias among others:
- ZKB – Zürcher Kantonal Bank
- BAG – Bundesamt für Gesundheit (Swiss Federal Office of Health)
- Universal Music Switzerland
- Musikkollegium Winterthur
- Leica Camera UK
- LFI – Leica Fotografie International
- ewz (Elektrizitätswerk der Stadt Zürich)
- Kuoni Reisen (Travel Agency)
- Helvetic Tours (Travel Agency)
- 20 Minuten
- Südost Schweiz
- Swiss Armed Forces (Terrestrial Forces)
- Schweizerische Offiziersgsellschaft der Artillerie (SOGART)
- Greenpeace Switzerland
- Babyliss Switzerland
- Pedigree / Whiskas Switzerland